Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Just Checkin In! :D

Hi guys! So I know I don't post regularly, not even monthly, anymore. But, well, it is summer, and as anyone who remembers their high school summer days, they can sometimes be a bit boring. So I thought I'd check in, since I got some REALLY nice & positive feedback from my last "Goodbye Dance" post. I wanted to just respond to that and check in.

One follower & blogger friend's comment was:

Will you still write about day to day life, though. I mean, there are millions of blogs out there about ballet, but how many are out there about 'what happens after you've quitted ballet and your new career?'


Good point Izi, good point! (She has a really awesome blog BTW you guys should check it out she's listed in my followers)

So here's a little recap of my life so far without ballet :P
This last semester of the school year has been SUPER busy because of midterms and finals. I had 6 finals, in 2 days!! It was really intense, and if I'd been dancing through all of that, there's no way I would have passed any or all my classes. So, it turned out it was for the best. Also, I haven't been completely hobby-less. I have been trying to experiment with new arts and sports, see what I'm good at but doesn't require me to be a prodigy in order to be successful. Ever since I was a little kid, I've ridden horses on an average of about once a week (sometimes only once a month though) in the school year, and quite frequently in the summer. So it is a big hobby of mine, and always has been. 2 years ago, the owner of my local barn invited me to be on her equestrian team (it had just started it) but I rarely had time to compete or contribute because of dance. Now she has set team requirements that must be met to stay on (you must attend a certain amount of meetings, lessons, and competitions) so I've got to focus on that as well. I have also taken an interest in photography and drawing, so I guess I shall see where life takes me!!



Anyway, that's the 411! (Remember when people actually said that? LOL) If you actually read that whole mini-life story of mine, well, THANKS! Because that means a lot to me and I know it probably wasn't all that interesting. In fact, it was extremely UNinteresting. Oh well. Thanks again guys, I'll check in from time to time or talk when there is big news!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cha Cha,

    Thank you soooo much for mentioning me in this post. It really touched me. Hey, I've got something for you/your blog on my blog! Check it out! It's under the 'Other Ballet Blogs,' page.

    You know, please Do keep writing on your blog from time to time. It will be inspiring to other dancers who have give up. You may not think that any ex-dancers are reading your blog, just because nobody comments, but you know, there propably are. Even if there is only just one ex-dancer reading it. It'll make a difference to THEM!

    I encourage you to keep writing. I'll be reading every post.

    Izi :)

    ReplyDelete