Thursday, December 16, 2010

1st Pointe Class!!

Hey guys! SO, guess what?!?!?! My pointe teacher told me to try it sine I had my shoes with me, and I did! A whole hour en pointe! This is a lot for a first time pointe-goer, but it was fun, and the teacher deemed it safe so I can't complain! My feet are certainly tired, but not as dead as I'd expected.


I don't think I did very well especially compared to the others who'd been en pointe for months, and on the jumps en pointe, but I'm working on it. It was also hard because I guess my shoes just weren't right. My teacher said the shoes were way too wide for my feet (they were, as my feet are fairly narrow/normal and the guy had given me a 5X). She also said I needed a Medium shank, as I broke the Soft in just one class! (I don't think the hand-breaking helped).


So this brings me to my final questions...

Do you have any specific pointe shoes brands that you know areof good price and quality (preferably not over $90)?

Any advice on fitting pointe shoes?

Do you remember what brand your first pair were?

4 comments:

  1. Hi There,

    WOW - an hour on pointe for the first class - that's amazing. I think that when I went on pointe for the first time, I only did a quarter of that in the first lesson.

    Okay, now for some of your question. Well, the first pair on pointe shoes I had were "bloch," DO NOT GET THEM! They were awful! As much as I love everything else about bloch, there pointe shoes are really bad.

    However, the pair that I have now are amazing. They are called "European Balance," I highly recomend them. Unfortunatly they are about $20.00 above the price you are prepared to pay (so about $110) but to be honest, they are truly worth the extra money.

    With fitting the pointe shoes. Make sure that they are tight, but not SO tight that they hurt. But ..... make sure that they are tight enough, so that when you stand on pointe, your feet can't really "move" in them. If you know what I mean. So ..... they don't slip around.

    Can I give you one more tip? If you can't find the "European Balance," ones, or if they are too expensive for you, make sure you get ones where the pointe (so, the flat bit on the top) is quite big. You don't want the pointe to be small, or it is really hard to balance on.

    Hope you find the right pair!!! Best of luck.

    Izi xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cha Cha,

    If you would like the address for my blog, it is:

    www.myballetpointeofview.blogspot.com

    No pressure to read/comment on it, though!

    Thanks, Izi xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting! I'd love to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! My first pointe shoes were actually bought at decathlon (I'm from Portugal, so I don't Know if you know the store). Its a sport shop, so you wouldn't expect that much, you know what I mean, and for first pointe shoes they weren't bad at all.

    ReplyDelete