Thursday, December 9, 2010

Back to Blogging!!!!

So I sit here in my chair, at oh, around 6-something in the morning. I am ready for school, soon to be leaving. But I had to write. It's so hard to find time now, but I believe finding time may be slightly easier now that I have my own computer. SO much has happened since my last blog! And I want to share it with you! (Even if I have to finish this later).

There are many aspects of my current dance life that I am going to tell you about.

AUDITIONS
So far, I've had 4 auditions in the past 2 months. What have I been auditioning for? Well, I have been auditioning for dance schools. No, not part-time places where I can take classes. Full-on dance schools. (They are mostly public, they also do academics). I am super excited! I have one more in January! I am also thinking of auditioning for the School of American Ballet in September, but that’s a whole other story and a long way away. Plus, auditions for summer intensives are coming up in February!!



CLASSES
I am currently at the school I said I’d be auditioning for. It wasn’t a real “audition” because it was more of a placement. I got placed in level 3. (There are Foundations A, Foundations B, Level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Jr. Trainee and Trainee). I am OK with my level, considering I started ballet so late. I used to take ballet 3 times per week, jazz once, and pointe once (I’ll go into this in more detail). Now, I take ballet 6 days a week! It’s awesome! I like the place I’m at, but I am auditioning for another one just to see how I’d be placed.



POINTE
So, at my old studio I was told I would be doing pointe work (at least at the barre) in September. But by the time September rolled around, I was at a new, very strict studio. They told me I should do pre-pointe instead. So I’ve been doing that for a couple months. Then, today, something amazing happened. Something that made me cry tears of joy. I asked my pointe (who at the time had been pre-pointe, which is where you do it in soft slippers on demi-pointe)teacher, who had been telling me I should do pointe, if I should bring my shoes next week. The reason I hadn't brought them before becase the director wouldn't let me. But today, my pointe teacher said that she said I (and the people in my level who did pre-pointe) could go on, but only at the barre. I'm PSYCHED!!!!! I can't believe it. Pointe! I am in awe. This time next week, I shall come home, removing my pointe shoes, with aching feet, and a glorious happy heart. This is a pic of me in my new pointe shoes:



Well, that's all for now, butI promise I'll be back this weekend! Can't wait to hear from you guys!!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! Our teacher said we can't go on until February :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll get there, February will be here before you know it! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete