Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Really Awesome Ballet Class!

Wow. Just... wow. So the usual place where I dance is closed for holiday break, and being that I have a callback just after break, I've been taking various open classes at nearby studios. Today, it was my second time at this really amazing studio. I was taking the Adv. Beg. Ballet class, taught by one of the most incredible teachers I have ever had. I wish I could take her class 24/7. It was difficult, fun, challenging, vigorous, and I never wanted it to end. The teacher was strict but fun at the same time, and I felt so many muscles working that weren't always worked in other classes.

When the class ended, I started to leave and say goodbye. I saw a lot of people filing in for her next class, a pointe class. I asked her what level, and she said it was open level. Then she asked me to take it! But I did not have pointe shoes or money for another class. She said it was no matter, I could take it for free on demi pointe. This made me super happy because I felt accepted and like maybe she saw potential or something, I don't know. So anyway, now I will be going back there every Saturday for her pointe class. I will probably still take pointe at my other studio, however I don't know if my technique teacher knows I take pointe and she might not want me to, which I certainly hope isn't the case. In the past she hadn't, even when all my other teachers did. Oh well, that's a whole other story.

Anyway, just checking in to say hey!

Do you have one teacher/class you just love?

Do you have one you hate?

Don't be afraid to share the juicy deets lol!

2 comments:

  1. the director of dance at my college, Jenn La Curan, is just like the teacher you just described: fun yet strict. i feel so comfortable around her and i know that her corrections are always so helpful! so glad you had a great class!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it! Great teachers are so important because they are what truly keeps dance alive. Happy dancing!

    ReplyDelete