Sunday, December 12, 2010

HipHop for a Ballerina

My friends had been wanting to go with me to a hiphop class for a while, so I finally said yes and we found a studio where you could take open classes. Let me tell you, it was crazy different from ballet! None of the steps had names, the teacher would just demonstrate an 8-count of any combo and we'd do it! The class proceeded like this the entire time until we had a full routine! It was pretty cool,and so different! A lot of times, theteacher would just say, "make up your own step here," or "do whichever arms you like!" which was fun.


However, as fun as it was, I am still a bunny bunhead :P.

We also did a LOT of crunches, which is why my abdominals are so sore today :(. It burned! But in a good way :P


Plus, of course, lots of stretching!



Do you do hip hop?

Have you ever taken a class?

If you haven't, do you want to?

What's your favorite style of dance?

5 comments:

  1. well i don't do hip hop.
    nope.
    i'm not sure =)
    ballet and maybe jazz (depends on teachers)

    xoxo Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah ballet is definitely my favorite as well but I would certainly recommend it, it's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've taken a hip hop class before, and I liked pretty well! I would still take it now, but I'm in the ballet program at my studio, and we can only do ballet, pointe, character, jazz, and modern/contemporary.
    My favorite would be ballet and contemporary. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! my fav is ballet/pointe, and modern/contemperary as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MY FAVOURITE IS POINTE IN BALLET

    ReplyDelete