Friday, July 30, 2010

Sad News and the End of the Intensive!!

Hi!!! So, it has a been a LONG 2 weeks. Camp has been crazy, and I've definitely gained a lot from it. On top of that, I've also learned some tap along the way!

(pic)

Unfortunately, two slightly sad events have occurred over this past week. ( I'll give you a description of the past 5 days of camp (sadly I still could not get a hold of my camera charger! URG!! I'll have to get some friends to a send me their pics). You'll have to read the descriptions to find out what the sad events were :(.

(pic)

MONDAY

We had ballet, which was good but hard, as well as jazz (we learned an awesome jazz number) and contemporary.

TUESDAY

The good news is I finally got my left leg splits!! Eeeek!! (Before I could only do right leg). Although it's just barely and it still huts insanely... but with time and stretching I am confident I will become comfortable in it.

(pic)

WEDNESDAY

Lots of ballet on Wednesday which was awesome!

THURSDAY

I wasn't feeling too well, but you know us dancers, always trying to get up and dance anyway... maybe that wasn't such a good idea. So the first bit of sad news is that I asked my teacher if I'd be able to go on pointe (since it was Thursday and she said maybe as soon as camp was over) but she said no... :'( I guess it's not that sad as it will happen one day... but I really thought I had what it took. She said my feet and ankles were probably strong enough but I needed to "polish my technique". She's probably right, and I know a true dancer needs to be able to take moments like these. But anyway, as I said in my very first post, I'm probably switching schools in the fall anyway and things will change.

(pic)

FRIDAY

The second bad/sad event was I think I really overdid it and just got sick from overuse, especially since on top of camp I had classes. So I had to miss today (Friday) which was going to be the presentation! :'( :'(


Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope you're having a great summer!


How did your dance intensive go? (If you went to one)

Are you on pointe? What does it take, and what advice would you give to someone dying to get on it?



P.S. I know it just says (pic) right now where there are supposed to be pictures, the photo thing on my computer isn't working I'll g back and edit in pictures on another computer soon.

3 comments:

  1. How did your dance intensive go? (If you went to one)

    My dance intensive was wonderful! It was really neat because I learned how to do triple pirouettes!

    Are you on pointe? What does it take, and what advice would you give to someone dying to get on it?

    I am not on pointe yet, but I am longing to be strong enough!

    ReplyDelete